INNOVATIVE TEACHING LESSON TEMPLATE
Name of the teacher: Rakhi.A.R Date:15/09/2014
Name of the school: G. V.H.S.S.NDD STD: IX
Subject: Biology STR: 40
Unit: The Chemical Changes Of Food Period :II
Topic : Organs Of Digestion In Mouth Time: 45 Minutes Average age :14 +
The pupil develops different dimensions of knowledge on organs of digestion in mouth through group discussions, lecturing, observation, and evaluation by questioning, participation in group work, reporting, presentation etc.
Milk teeth, wisdom teeth, incisor, canine, premolar, molar, tongue.
- Human beings have 32 teeth, a tongue, and three pairs of salivary glands in the mouth.
- Tooth fixed in the socket of jaw bone.
- The first set of teeth formed during child hood is called milk teeth.
- An adult person have 32 teeth, of these 4 are grow only after attaining adult hood are called wisdom teeth.
- Human teeth are of 4 different types-incisor, canine, premolar, molar.
- incisors helps to cut the food into pieces
- Canines help to tearing the food.
- Premolars and molars help to chew the food.
- Teeth are covered with enamel.
- Salivary gland secret saliva.
- . Taste buds on the tongue help in differentiating the taste.
Organs of digestion in mouth
. 1. Human beings have 32 teeth, a tongue, and three pairs of salivary glands are in mouth. The first set of teeth formed during child hood is called milk teeth and by about 7 – 12 years these falls and permanent teeth grow in their place.
2. Human teeth are of four different types- incisor, canine, premolar, molar. The tongue helps in chewing the food to recognizing the tastes and swallows the chewed food.
To enable the pupil,
recalling the organs of mouth in digestion,
recognizing the different types of teeth,
- for developing factual knowledge,
recalling digestive organs in mouth – salivary gland
explaining the structure of teeth,
executing group work to discussing about structure and functions of teeth.
-for developing conceptual knowledge,
inferring about the functions of digestive organs in mouth,
executing group work to understand the types of teeth,
-for developing procedural knowledge,
develop process skills such as observing, classifying,
develop positive attitude towards process of digestion.
Human beings have 32 teeth in mouth.
TEACHING LEARNING RESOURCES
Video – digestion, types of teeth and their function. Picture album – salivary gland, tongue, teeth. Role play of milk teeth, wisdom teeth, permanent teeth. Model – L.S.of teeth.
CLASS ROOM INTERACTION PROCEDURE
EXPECTED PUPIL RESPONSE
Teacher talk friendly with students and ask questions to check previous knowledge
Have you had your lunch?
We eat food with the help of?
Why we are eating food?
How we get energy from our food?
Teacher shows a video of digestion
Where the digestion does takes place first?
Which are the organs helping for the digestion in mouth?
Teacher group the students into 4 groups and name them teeth, tongue, saliva, enamel
Teacher invite students to present a role play.
Hay, I am milk teeth. The first set of teeth formed during the child hood. I am in 20 in number.
Hallo! I am permanent teeth all of you love and caring very much.by about 7 – 12 years the milk teeth fall and I grow in their place. Human beings have 32 teeth.
Oh! Human beings have a set of 32 teeth but of these four are grow only after attaining adult hood. We are known as wisdom teeth.
Is there any difference in number of teeth in children and adult?
What are wisdom teeth?
Teacher shows a picture album of organs of digestion in mouth.
How does the tongue help in the process of digestion?
What is the special feature of teeth that helps to convert the food into pieces?
What is the function of salivary gland?
Teacher shows a video on types of teeth and its function.
How many types of teeth are present in human beings?
Which are the 4 types of teeth and what are their functions?
Teacher shows a model of L.S.of teeth.
Which is the outermost layer of teeth?
Which are the three regions of teeth?
Student understands the organs of digestion in mouth through video, picture album, models, and lecturing.
Salivary gland (CB)
Milk teeth (CB)
Wisdom teeth (CB)
- For getting energy.
- Through digestion.
- In mouth.
- Teeth, tongue, and
- Childhood we have
milk teeth it is 20
in number, in adulthood
we have 32 permanent
- The 4 teeth growing
after attaining adulthood
are called wisdom teeth.
- Tongue direct food
towards the teeth for
chewing. Helps to
swallow the food Helps
to differentiating taste.
-The hardness of teeth.
- Salivary gland
incisor – for cutting food
canine – for tearing food
premolar – for chewing
molar – for chewing food
Crown, Neck, Root.
- Which are the digestive organs present in mouth?
- What is the reason for the hardness of teeth?
- What is the function of tongue in digestion?
- What is a wisdom tooth?
- Identify the pictures a ,b,c ,d and write down their function